Today we discuss the concept of peak oil and what it means in the coming two decades. Is the oil going to run out? Will capacity exceed demand, will it create more wars? Regardless of environmental wackos, global warming hoaxes and carbon credits what does it all actually mean for the individual and what should you be doing about it.
Today we also do a brief update on the Swine Flu (now called the North American Flu), a bit about the truth vs. the myths of what went wrong in 1976 with a different variant of the Swine Flu and an update from a Doctor at Parkland Hospital on the severity or lack there of, of swine flu.
Tune In Today to Hear…
- Is Tamiflu a government plot to kill us all, NO!
- What the 1976 Flu screw a conspiracy or incompetence, bet on incompetence
- What exactly is Peak Oil – perhaps not what you think
- Do we need to run out of oil before we have peak, no
- Can we have peak oil even if there is still lots of oil in the ground, yes
- If we don’t use oil for electricity will peak oil still increase the cost of electricity, yes
- Understanding the capacity and demand equation in oil
- How do we know the oil isn’t running out, the government is build a tax system based on it
- The myth that taxes are designed to change behavior and we we learn by looking at pricing models
- Why the message is save the earth vs reduce dependence and increase self sufficiency, no foil hat required
- Why you should increase your ability to produce your own electricity and it has nothing to do with saving the polar bears
- The inconsistency of the environmentalist claiming peak oil is here
- What we were told about “climate change” in the 70s and 80s
- What a school text book had to say about remaining oil in 1985
- The new battleground over oil is Africa, it is coming sooner then you think
- Where the environmentalists are right, the US using 25% of the worlds oil is very bad
- The difference between the end of oil and the end of easy oil
Resources for Today’s Show
- PandemicFlu.gov – Great Resource for planning and news.
- Props to Alex Jones (yes really) The Myth of Peak Oil
- An Example of a Global Cooling Article from the 70s – There is now a propaganda campain saying there was not consensus or agreement about Global Cooling, I agree with that and I mean it in the same way that there is no consensus about global warming today.
- Global Warming on Mars – Must be the Marian SUVs?
- Region 5 Get Together
- Members Support Brigade
- Dirt Time 2009
- Lights Out Audio Preview
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.