Strap yourself in today folks for the longest episode of TSP ever recorded, this honestly could have been two episodes because Paul Wheaton is such an awesome source of knowledge on so many great topics.
Note near the end in a conversation about CFL lights Paul does drop the F-Bomb one time, I decided to let it ride even though I generally don’t use that word on the air. Anyone objecting to this should see section three of my content disclaimer.
Today we discuss a huge variety of topics that range from raising chickens, to the complete elimination of the need for irrigation, to the ultimate eco building and even the use of rocket mass heaters.
Join Us Today As We Discuss…
- What we can learn from the work of Sepp Holzer
- Why it might even make sense to plant poisonous plants were livestock feed
- How and why permaculture should be profitable
- What is hugelkultur and how can it eliminate the need for irrigation
- Why you may want to practice paddock rotation with livestock like chickens
- What is a wofati building
- How you can build a home with no need of air conditioning or heat at 1/5 the conventional cost of construction
- Building and using rocket mass heaters
Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Emergency Essentials – (sponsor of the day)
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- Permies.com – Paul’s Permaculture Forum
- RichSoil.com – Paul’s Article Resource Website
- Paul’s YouTube Channel
- Paul’s YouTube Facebook Fan Page
- Poll What Topic Should Come Back and Discuss More In Depth – PLEASE VOTE
- Sepp Holzer Videos
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.