In today’s show we dig into companion planting as part of building sustainable survival gardens. Tune in today to hear….
- How organic gardening is more about what you do then what you don’t do
- How organic gardening is a holistic system not just the absence of chemicals
- Why companion planting is more “natural” then isolated planting
- Combinations such as…
- Cabbage and dill
- Corn, beans and squash
- Lettuce and Flowering Tobacco and Spider Flower
- Radishes and Spinach
- Roses and Garlic or Onions
- Tomatoes and Broccoli
- Cucumbers and Nasturtiums
- Peppers and Pigweed
- The two pairings you should never make
- Six plants that can kill, repell and destroy pest insects
- Four awesome herbs for every garden
Resources for Today’s Show
- 23 Free Seed Catalogs in our Forum
- Good information on when to plant fall and winter crops
- Great list of good companion plantings
- Another great article on companion planting
- Wiki Article on Green Manuers
- Howard Garrett – The “Dirt Doctor”– Listen to his old archived radio shows, awesome knowledge source.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.