Today we discuss a variety of options for storing surplus meats, fruits and vegetables for long term prepping and day to day use as well.
Tune in Today to Hear…
- Dehydration as a exceptional long term storage option
- Smoking and the difference between cold and hot smoking
- Different ways to build a cold smoking, smoke house
- Pickling as a storage method
- Thoughts on canning and water bath vs. pressure canning
- Freezing (short of a total SHTF, it is a great option)
- Blanching before freezing and before dehydration
- Jam, jelly and preserves bring spring flavor to cold winters
- The traditional method of making biltong, no box required
Resources for Today’s Show
- Meet Jack at the Ft Worth Gun Show on Saturday March 7th
- Region 5 Get Together – All are welcome and asked to consider attending
- Dehydrate2Store’s YouTube Channel
- Biltong Recipes
- Basic Solar Dehydrator Concept
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.