Update – This Event is Now Full Stay Tuned for Future Events
As of 5-10-13 at 4:45 PM Central time 16 people have signed up for the Contour Bed Wood Core Garden Workshop. I just sent all 16 full details on how to contact us with any needs, Hotel information for those not camping on property and directions to our homestead. If you signed up and didn’t get this, first check your spam folder and if you still don’t see it email me and let me know so I can help you out. The email has the subject line TSP Workshop in it.
I have checked, doubled checked and cross checked the web forms and Paypal and don’t think anyone got left out.
For Those That Missed it the First Time Around Here is What We are Doing
Contour Based Wood Core Gardening Workshop
Location – The Azle Texas Area near Eagle Mountain Lake, address provided to confirmed attendees only. This area is just North West of Ft. Worth, Texas.
Workshop Dates May 24th and 25
Property Open from the evening of May 23rd till the afternoon of May 26
Cost – $400.00 by PayPal or pay cash upon arrival and it is only $300.00 (A deposit of $25 dollars is required to hold your spot by PayPal) Yes I am giving a 100 dollar discount for those that pay the balance in cash, it’s not a typo.
Limited accommodations on site, details in the PDF
What this workshop will cover
- Site selection
- Use of rotary laser level to determine landscape contour
- Use of a A-Frame level for low tech contour based design
- The how, what and why of wood core beds (aka Hugelkultur)
- Dealing with first year nitrogen loss due to the carbon nitrogen cycles
- Inoculation with fungal inoculant
- Developing an underground shallow aquifer
- Why improving irrigation efficiency is critical to long term success
- Developing seed mixes and utilizing them for bed establishment
- Developing micro food forests inside a typical annual garden layout
- Choosing your plantings, setting first year expectations with this type of system
- And more
Join us for a fun learning experience. For this event we have a strict limit of 20 people. Sorry but spouses, children, etc. will all count and require a fee. This is our first workshop and we simply feel this is as many individuals as we can accommodate the first time around and do a good job for everyone involved.
There will also be a bonus, as we got a great rate on the mini excavator so some work will also be done on our new 2700 square foot forest garden showcase. While we will not be planting this area some of the main frame rough in will be done and the master plan explained to all students.