Jenna Woginrich is an author, homesteader, archer, and falconer-in-training. Two summers ago she left her corporate office gig to focus on the farm full-time and now runs a 6.5 acre homestead by herself south of the Adirondacks in Washington County, NY.
There she grows most of her own food; raises her own meat, dairy, veggies and eggs with the aid of animal power. Horses pull firewood from the forest, a sheepdog manages the livestock, hawks are trained to take small game, and carts and saddles are used as much as her dented pickup truck.
She’s passionate about self-reliance, martial arts, hunting, tracking, horses, and traditional and country skills. She’s also the business owner of Cold Antler Farm, an educational homestead where people travel from all over the world to take classes in everything from beginner fiddle to herbalism.
Her new book, One Woman Farm, has been described as follows by Joel Salatin, “Read this book to learn why farmsteads need to be loved. Jenna’s One-Woman Farm is a jewel: small and lustrous.”
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1238
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Shop for TSP Silver
- TSP Gear
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- Back Woods Home Magazine – (sponsor of the day)
- Jenna’s Blog
- Jenna’s Book – The One-Woman Farm
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.