We had a blast at the Denver Self Reliance Expo and can’t wait to meet more of you guys at the Salt Lake City Expo coming up on the 7th and 8th of October. During the show we released our new T-Shirts, the back of which have a flag where all the stars are replaced with ants, under the flag is the slogan, “One Nation Filled with Ants”. You can see an example of this here.
We also had this message on our banner at the booth. I would say the reactions people had to it could be broken down into three groups.
- About 50% of the people got it, instantly.
- About 25% got it when asked, “Remember the story of “The Grasshopper and the Ant”.
- About 25% had never even heard of the Grasshopper and the Ant”
The last group really shocked me, I simply could not imagine that 25% of people in general let alone 25% at a prepper expo would not be familiar with the old fable. Overall this is what inspired today’s show.
Join me Today as we Discuss…
- A reminder of the old fable, The Ant and the Grasshopper
- How we became one nation full of grasshoppers
- Are we turning a corner if so in which direction
- Can a divided nation be full of ants
- Is belief in America belief in government or the fed
- If we come out better than we are now, is it worth the pain
- What is “winter in July” and how long can it last
- What can we personally due to be prepared to rebuild
- Opting out vs. opting out of the expectation of others
- How we really can become “One Nation, Filled With Ants”, yet again
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
- Members Support Brigade
- Aesop’s Fables
- Video of me telling the Ant and Grasshopper from the car days, made by a listener.
- Self Reliance Expo – SLC Utah
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.