I will be at the Denver Self Reliance Expo on Oct 4th and 5th this year. I will be speaking on food production with permacutlure on Saturday the 5th from 11-12 noon. I will also be available for discussion and just meeting with you guys quite a bit of both days at the Speakers Lounge.
Early Meet and Greets
We are also doing something really cool for all TSP audience members. Again this is NOT just for MSB this is for any and all TSP listeners. There are two early meet and greets for a private Q&A sessions with Steven Harris and myself. Both are before the doors open to the general public.
The private meet and greets with Q&A will be at the following times…
- Friday the 4th from 10:00 – 11:00 AM (one hour)
- Saturday the 5th from 8:30 – 9:00 AM (30 minutes)
To attend these here is the procedure…
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before the start time, and hang out and look for other TSP’rs near the front door entrance area. Please don’t crowd the entrance though, stand a bit back but in the general area. Look for other TSP folks, it won’t be hard to spot each other.
- At 10 AM on the 4th and 8:30 AM on the 5th I or Ron will come out to get you and escort you to the stage area.
- If you are not there when we let you in, you don’ t get in until the public is allowed in. Sorry we have to do things this way.
- While you are there for the Q&As you must stay in the stage area. The vendors will still be setting up for the opening and need to be left alone to do so. Please don’t try to visit their booths during this time.
I hope to see many of you at these two early sessions. One big thing to consider is that during these sessions every single person seated around you is a TSP listener. That is a great opportunity not just to get time with Steve and I on a personal level, it is also a great opportunity to meet with fellow members of the TSP audience.
After Hours Meet and Greets
In addition to the early meet and greets we are doing after hours meet and greets for beers and just hanging out. Unless something changes once we get there we will be doing these at the bar at our hotel. Our hotel is the Quality Inn Central 200 WEST 48TH AVE, Denver, CO. The website for the hotel is http://bit.ly/1aICYls
We will likely be at the hotel bar about 7PM both nights. Again when we get to the hotel we will recon the bar and anything near by that might be better, if anything on the location changes for the after hours stuff we will post it here at the blog by Friday morning.
Film and Interviews
Also while I am there I will be interviewing a lot of the vendors, short stuff about 2-4 minutes per vendor. I will be uploading all of these to YouTube for those that can’t attend. I don’t know how many of the vendors will want to do this but those who have anything cool and want to, I will be getting this done.
Those attending you guys can do me a favor on this one. I always go out of my way to be accessible at these events but the truth is I have never actually had the opportunity at the Expo to talk to all the vendors. So please if you see me with my shoulder camera mount wait until another time to talk to me, I promise to make myself highly available both days, in addition to the early and late meet and greets.
Again can’t wait to meet many of you for the fist time and to see many of you who I have met before again.