Peter McCoy is a mushroom cultivation instructor and co-founder of the Radical Mycology project and co-organizer of the Radical Mycology Convergence. The Radical Mycology Convergence is a weekend long event consisting of workshops, presentations, and various mycoremediation installations.
Peter has studied mycology for over 13 years with a focus on the uses of fungi for healing the minds, bodies, and ecosystems of the earth’s inhabitants. He is pursuing a degree in media and mycology from the Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA and is the author of the upcoming book Radical Mycology.
Peter joins us today to discuss mushroom cultivation and answer questions like. What is Radical Mycology? How we can learn about mycology without it being complicated? What is an overview of the mushroom cultivation process?
We continue with more in-depth questions such as, how much does it cost to grow mushrooms? What is one way to grow a ton of mushrooms for about one dollar? What are the nutritional and medicinal benefits of mushrooms? Are there other ways mushrooms can be used in survival strategies? How does mushroom cultivation fit into other aspects of food security such as growing fruits and vegetables?
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1326
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Black Dragon Tactical – (MSB Discount Vendor of the Day)
- Radical Mycology – Peter’s Website
- The Radical Mycology Convergence
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Steven Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
- John Pugliano – Investable Wealth – Investing and Finance
- Gary Collins – PrimalPowerMethod.com – Health and Nutrition (primal/paleo/etc)
- Michael Jordan – The Bee Whisper – All Things Bees
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.