Phil “Max” Maxwell is a Toyota master diagnostic tech, a.s.e. 4time recertified master tech who refers to himself as a “prepper from when the mayans never came”. Today he is raising chickens, goats, pigs, and growing a garden.
Max is also a form US Army Sergeant and shares some common ground with me as at one time he was stationed at Fort Kobie in Panama. I spent most of 1992-1993 there myself.
Max is a tinker and DIY style prepper and has built a solar hot water from a gas hot water heater tank and prius parts. He has also built a hot air heater from dryer vents and bricks and is currently working on making a solar oven from an old big screen TV. In only half jest he states, “I think i need a maxx1234.com website in the style of Steven Harris at this point”.
Max Joins Me Today To Discuss…
- How do you get started doing repairs
- When do you know your over your head
- Oops, i went to far, now what
- Why is magic smoke so bad for my wallet
- Is a dealer really as bad as they say
- How do i prep my vehicle for the every day disaster
- Dealing with flats, lights on dash, no gas, etc
- How complicated have they made cars and why
- Why is everything push button now
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- The Year 1347
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- TSP Gear
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
- Murs-Radio.com – (MSB Discount Vendor of the Day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.