Today Jason Fields joins us from The Urban Farming Guys. Jason is part of a group of about 20 families who have purposefully uprooted from out of their comfortable suburban homes. They then relocated to one of the worst neighborhoods in Kansas City with the goal of transforming it.
Each family has purchased a home within a 5 block radius of each other and put down in order to change lives and improve a community. Every family maintains a personal garden and actively works together on numerous community projects, such as green houses, a developing community center, raising chickens and more.
Join us today as we discuss…
- How 20 families dropped a crime rate just by showing up
- Linking up with neighborhood associations and watches
- Getting rid of drug dealers the easy way
- How community gardens are instilling a sense of pride
- Making your own methane with a bio digester
- Storing your bio gas to use for cooking and heating
- Getting items to create biogas from for free
- Growing over 1000 tilapia in an area the size of a small room
- The sacrifices associated with this type of project and the rewards
Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- The Urban Farming Guys Blog
- The Urban Farming Guys Youtube
- The Urban Farming Guys on Facebook
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.