Is it time to organize a new civilian militia? No not the camo wearing paramilitary type but a true “civilian” dedicated to assisting first responders and local law enforcement. I am not looking to lead or spearhead this concept just get a dialog going about the concept and some ways I think we can change the preception of exactly what militia means and make it a badge of honor vs. a separatist concept with the mainstream population.
Here is the outline I used for this show, there is some redundency in it. My hope is that discussion groups and forums will begin discussing this concept and it may or may not take off. Either way I think it is a conversation worth having.
- National Level Organization
- Complies with all local, state and federal laws
- Marketed as a force for assistance, not anti government
- Main objective – to provide assistance and additional security at times when law enforcement, emergency responders and other organizations are stretched to their limits
- Armed is an individual choice but is subject to all laws
- Each local branch will register or notify or some how be on record with local law enforcement and possibly other emergency responders
- Any uniform devised should be “non militant” though there may need to be a militant division of some sort
- Training focused on
a.Communications and Reporting
d.Working with emergency responders
e.Use of non lethal force for the protection of civilians
- National Organization governed as a “Constitutional Republic” including a judiciary committee
- Membership should have some “dues” associated with it, annual and low.
- Should focus on recruiting, current and prior service law enforcement, prior service military, professionals in various disciplines, EMTs-etc.,
Part Two – The Marketing Plan
- Recruit professionals with a background in marketing, sales and public speaking – make them the voice of the company.
- Position the organization as a “helper” to local law enforcement, emergency responders and local charities.
- Make membership on par with membership or association with the Salvation Army, Red Cross or Rotary Club.
- Invite law enforcement personal to all meetings (most often they won’t show up).
- No videos, pictures, etc of camo clad para military personal
- Mission statement – “To observe, report and notify first, to intervene only when absolutely necessary and then as a “concerned citizen”.
- Any firearm use and or carry will be done as a “citizen”, in other words a CCP holder carries during “service” because he/she always carries.
- Strict code of ethics – violations of them result in termination of membership.
- No military ranks, – Sgt, Col, etc.Replace with things like Member, Organizing Member, Neighborhood Coordinator, Regional Coordinator, etc.
While the above outline is useful it may be necessary to listen to this show in full to avoid misunderstandings. NOTE – I have no issues with existing militias and I support their right to exist and in general the work they do as patriots.
I just believe there is an opportunity to create a new type of militia that can help local communities in times of need and I also belive there would be a ton of interest in joining such an organization for many individuals if they had the option.
My plan is by NO MEANS perfect or complete, I simply am submitting it to the community as one possible starting point for a new organization that may be seriously needed in the coming uncertain times. It is humbly submitted to the survivalist and self sufficiency community as a concept for discussion.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.