I see and hear versions of this admittedly extreme version of why survivalists are nuts all the time. I just talked to a guy that pointed out how “we were all gonna die from swine flu” and it turned out to be nothing but “a bunch of bullshit”. I guess he hadn’t listened to my show called, “Lessons From the Non Event of Swine Flu“.
It is really common though for the average person to look at a “prepper” or “survivalist” and wonder why we in their minds waste money and resources. The reality is we actually save money and maximize resources it all depends on how you look at things. As I said from day one, modern survivalism is about “living a better life if times get tough, or even if they don’t”. Is it really possible though, you bet.
Join me today as we discuss…
- The myth, the world must end as we know it for preparedness to pay off
- The well it won’t happen to me bias, the why and dangers behind it
- Why debt elimination must be part of the plan or the naysayers may be right about you
- Why you never lose money storing food if you do it with sanity
- The value of “alternative energy” even just at the property value level
- Gun ownership is like voting, exercise the right or you may very well lose it
- Having some gold and silver is something every rich guy I know does, so why not you too
- A garden improves physical health, improves mental health and can increase property values
- Only the ignorant would say being informed is a bad idea
- Help me out, what is the “down side” in this survivalist thing
Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- MURS-Radio.com– (sponsor of the day)
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.