Today’s episode covers a few updates like progress on microgreens, lowering the grow lights a bit and moving fish indoors. Mostly though it is a Q&A edition.
I answer the following questions today…
- How is the height set by the bell siphon, does anything change when you add media?
- What is my water height vs. my media height in my systems?
- How is the smell of and indoors system?
- What is the cost of the system in this series?
- How do you ballance fish vs. vegetation?
- How small can you go with ebb and flow?
- How do you cycle a system?
- What pump am I using and what would I recommend?
- Choosing a variety of fish?
- Do you need a swil filter/solid seperator?
Pump I think is in my current temporary system. https://www.lowes.com/pd/smartpond-560-Gph-Submersible-Pond-Pump/3510010
Pump I would use for this sytem if you wanted two pumps http://amzn.to/2E5NIzv
If you wanted one pump and lots of room to expand I would go with this pump, I have this running in one of my systems, I love this pump. http://amzn.to/2CiOI2z
Dirty water pump I use in larger systems, warning this must go in a bucket or exclusion bag or you will chop up fish with it. http://amzn.to/2llHvXu