Bit of a two fer today, going to spend about 10 minutes on Corona Virus an the financial hysteria going on right now and the amazing economic opportunity it is about to open up. Yes I said opportunity! It will get worse before it gets better and I think I may do a “what America should learn from CoVid-2019” show tomorrow so I will keep this all pretty brief.
Today the bulk of our discussion will be about hydroponics. We will discuss several different forms of hydroponics, why pumps often do make sense, nutrient choices, best crops to grow and more. We are coming at this from a stand point of how well hydro fits the prepper mindset though, rather than just hydro for the sake of hydro.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- The simple but missed meaning of the word hydroponics
- The big advantages
- The honest disadvantages
- Sources of anti hydro stigma
- Crappy Plant Varieties
- Overselling of bullshit by zealots
- Why we should consider growing indoors especially as preppers
- The disadvantages of growing indoors and how most don’t apply to home producers
- The four most common techniques and what you should know about them
- Ebb and Flow
- Deep Water Recirculating
- Why I now recommend most people start with Masterblend Fertilizer
- Plants you can grow to full harvest in 25-35 days
- Argula (stupid easy and fast)
- Kale/Yad Fah/Etc
- Bok Choi
- Swiss Chard
- Yes you can grow anything but fast turn is best for indoors
- As a seed starting system nothing else I have tried even comes close
- Nothing I know of beats hydro for speed, quality, reliability and yes flavor
- A confession – I am embarrassed it took me this long to become a convert
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Playlist for My Vertical Farm
- Playlist for My Hydro Seed Starting Stuff
- Masterblend Fertilizer Write Up
- All My Hydroponics Products I have Reviewed
- Have You Ever Seen the Rain – Song Facts
- Have You Ever Seen the Rain – CCR
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.