It isn’t a trick question, also note I didn’t way it was or even how close it was, I just asked the question. The answer is a lot closer than you might imagine. Today we are going to discuss the constitution, the original version and some things most people never learn about, therefore never understand about it.
Given my position as a voluntarist, people often wonder why I even care about the constitution. I think by the time this episode is over the reasons will be clear.
In short though I view most of our elected officials as thieves, but thieves with a contract that they should at minimum adhere to. The sad fact is most Americans have zero understanding of that contract, its genesis or their role in it.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Why do I even care since if find the state illegitimate
- Before we begin lets separate principle from politics of the day
- Why I claim the federal government is not a party to the contract that is the constitution
- Why the bill of rights should have never applied to the states individually
- How incorporation of the bill of rights reduced federalism
- Why the US is both a democracy and a republic and how little a republic means by itself
- How the 17th amendment stripped state power and why it should be repealed
- Why a convention of the states should be called, why it won’t be
- In the end, so what, why does this matter if nothing is going to change
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- On this Day in 1975 Patty Hearst is Captured
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Forum – A new little site I started
- Biltong For Breakfast
- Find Your TSP Facebook Group for Your State
- American Thinker Article that Supports my Contractual Argument
- This Cowboys Hat – Chris LeDoux
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.