Okay I am calling this series “Half Acre Homesteading” because marketing. The use of two words in a 2-3 word phrase is good at grabbing attention, think “Taco Tuesdays” or anything in that vein. You don’t need a half acre to make today’s show work for you, you can do most of this on even a postage stamp lot, many do. Likewise even if you have a lot more land, then this is what we call zone one design.
Creation of a 1/20th – 1/2 acre system that you spend the majority of your activity on and hence it is ultra productive and gives you the greatest ROI on your efforts. I will be covering techniques, varieties of vegetables and perennials, tools, etc. today but it is also a lot about how to think about the concept of small property homesteading. Today we continue with part four of this series and discuss plant propagation for independence, cost savings and skill set development.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Intro Segments
- YouTube Channel of the Week – Happen Films
- Call the JERK Line at 877-644-1345
- The reason for propagating your own plants
- Reduce expenses
- Produce more food
- For a profit
- For independence and skill development
- Why you should not try to self propagate everything at first
- Primary methods of propagation
- From seed
- Rooting cuttings
- Propagation Systems
- Indoors with lights
- Green Houses, Cold Frames, etc.
- Misting Systems
- Grow beds
- Aquaponics based propagation
- “The Right Spot”
- If growing food is like printing money, propagation is the printing press
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Let Us Begin – John Denver and Alexander Gradsky
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.