Okay I am calling this series “Half Acre Homesteading” because marketing. The use of two words in a 2-3 word phrase is good at grabbing attention, think “Taco Tuesdays” or anything in that vein. You don’t need a half acre to make today’s show work for you, you can do most of this on even a postage stamp lot, many do. Likewise even if you have a lot more land, then this is what we call zone one design.
Creation of a 1/20th – 1/2 acre system that you spend the majority of your activity on and hence it is ultra productive and gives you the greatest ROI on your efforts. I will be covering techniques, varieties of vegetables and perennials, tools, etc. today but it is also a lot about how to think about the concept of small property homesteading. Today we continue with part two of this series and discuss small livestock.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Intro Segments
- YouTube Channel of the Week – viperkeeper
- Call the JERK Line at 877-644-1345
- Why Animals in the First Place
- Caloric density
- Protein and Fat
- Build Fertility and Eliminate Waste
- Labor (weeding, pest control, etc.)
- Things you better accept
- You will kill some (accidental and on purpose)
- They tie you to your property
- Confinement is necessary
- Set up infrastructure first or you will hate your life
- These are not pets
- Your actual pets will need control mechanisms
- The Choices for Small Homesteads
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Still in Saigon on SongFacts
- Still in Saigon – Charlie Daniels
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.