We talk a lot about what I call “lifestyle design” around here. When people hear that term they get the general idea, because the words are common.
- Lifestyle – The way in which a person lives.
- Design – Purpose, planning, intention and thought behind an action.
So lifestyle design means to put purpose, planning, intention and thought into how you live your life. So yep people generally get the basic concept, what people usually struggle with though is designing a lifestyle for today that is resilient for tomorrow.
I think we have all had those moments, we are happy, really happy with our life as it is, then one or two things change and we are off the rails. Sometimes these are external factors like a job loss. Other times they are internal factors sticking with employment perhaps we realize we hate our jobs but hey it pays the bills.
Those are only two examples, and no one can plan for everything but today things are even more complicated. We all know the next few decades will have more flux in them than anything man kind has yet to experience. AI and automation will replace thousands of jobs, economic reality will be hitting hard for many governments and technology gaps will make finding jobs harder than ever.
Join Me Today to Discuss How to Plan For an Uncertain Future
- Major shifts are coming in
- What has always worked will still likely work
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- A solid conservative to risk balance
- The basics of lifestyle design
- Define the goals
- Define the steps to get there honestly with yourself
- Prioritize the steps
- Begin taking action
- If it is that simple, why don’t more people do it
- It requires sacrifice
- It requires honest with yourself
- It requires taking responsibility for where you are
- It requires the courage to do what most wont
- Final thoughts;
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 15
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – support TSP when you shop on Online
- Grandaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Information
- Hurt – Johnny Cash
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.