Today in America despite the mortgage meltdown and other economic problems more people then ever own their own homes. The problem though is we have gone from a nation of Homesteaders to a nation of debt laden home owners, ownership is not even the correct term. Mortgage has turned into long term rental for many. In today’s show we discuss…
- How to turn your home from a consumer to producer
- How buying regional can lead to more independence
- Elimination of debt as part of homesteading
- The best crops to begin gardening with
- How growing food can lead to freedom
- How a mortgage was NOT part of the original homesteading process
- Making your home provide for you vs. you having to provide for your home
- How solar and green energy can help you be more independent
- The salmonella scare and genetically altered plants are yet another reason to “grow your own”
- How the Internet is helping us all reconnect and inspire each other
- The “smaller home concept” and even how to adapt it to a large home
- Tossing a bit of politics in, does the media favor Obama? What do you think?
Don’t forget to sign up for our listener appreciation contest and comment, suggest and let me know what you want to hear more about.
Links and Resources for this Podcast