Frank Sharpe Jr. is the founder and owner of Fortress Self defense, a top notch institution for training in both armed and unarmed combat.
The cadre of Fortress Self Defense Consultants has a combined total of over 75 years of teaching experience, their goal is to offer you the best training possible!
Their curriculum consists of state-of-the-art techniques and a practical application philosophy, and we strive to equip our students with the skills they need to achieve victory in a self-defense encounter.
If you are going to be armed and exercise your second amendment rights you have a responsibility to be well trained, safe and effective with your weapons.
Join Frank and I today as we discuss…
- Why “civilian training is different than LEO/Military training
- Why your next firearms investment may need to be in training vs. another gun
- Why Fortress provides female specific courses and what the advantages of it are
- Why a handgun is for when you don’t have the option of a rifle or shotgun, not a first choice
- How to remain able to fully defend yourself while on an airplane (awesome stuff)
- Why training someone you have a pre existing relationship with can be problamatic
- Using airsoft for realistic movement and force on force training
- How a “basic handgun course” differs from a state required concealed carry permit course
- Options for non lethal self defense
- Why Frank believes if you carry a gun “you must carry pepper spray”
- The wisdom of “we don’t go to stupid places, with stupid people and do stupid things”
- Why you never want to have to pull the trigger but must be read to if you have to
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- MURS Radio – (sponsor of the day)
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- Info on the Private Q&A With Gary Vaynerchuk
- Fortress Self Defense – (Frank’s Website)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.