Three weeks ago I did a show called Food Forestry and How it Actually Works. In that show I asked for specific food forest questions. The response was so heavy that a two weeks ago I did Episode-1251- Food Forest Questions and Answers – Part One and wasn’t able to cover all the questions by a long shot. So then last week we did Episode-1258- Food Forest Questions and Answers – Part Two and we are still now far from done.
Given the huge volume of questions it is clear there is a tremendous amount of interest in this topic and there should be. Nothing can provide the sustainable food and resources like a well managed forest be it small or large.
If you didn’t listen to the first three shows, you might want to do so before listening to this show. The reason being is that this show is a direct result of questions that I asked the audience to send me at the end of the first show and the answers given on the next two. Hence much of what was covered there I will be assuming you have already heard today.
The reality is a food forest is both simple and quite complex at the same time. The complexity is based on the system that develops, the massive numbers of interrelationships and the fungal networks, guilds, etc that are formed.
Join Me Today As I Answer Your Questions Including…
- How do you deal with land that is already forested
- Determining spacing of plantings
- Determining spacing of swales
- How far down grade of a swale can you plant, it depends
- Dealing with Squirrels
- Dealing with pest invasive insects, why you should not even worry about them
- How species and sector analysis play into food forest design
- How long does it take to get an ROI on a food forest
- How many types of ROI can a food forest yield
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1263
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Get TSP Copper Sentinels
- TSP Gear
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
- Dave Wilson’s Article on Back Yard Orchard Culture
- Deep Green Permaculture Article on Back Yard Orchard Culture
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.