An avid shore fisherman, Dan Triano of New Ringgold, PA became frustrated with not being able to get his bait out past the sand bar where the big fish are. One day, he and his buddy were talking about how best to get their bait REALLY out there. That is when the idea for the, Sand Blaster Bait Caster was born.
This is a fishing apparatus that launches bait up to 300 yards out into the ocean from the shore. That’s right….that’s THREE FOOTBALL FIELDS!
I wanted to bring Dan on for a few reasons today. First I just thought it was a cool and fun topic and unlike anything we have ever really talked about. I also know many of you enjoyed the fishing series and this is kind of a bonus show for that series. Lastly this is also the story of a person creating a business with an actual unique product from the ground up.
To be totally blunt, after this episode I want one! Frankly I am buying one and I am going down to the Texas coast with it and filling up a chest with some awesome blacktip steaks! Finally adding to it the fact the Dan lives about 15 miles from where I went to high school is just icing on the cake!
Join Dan and I Today as we Discuss…
- Why did you come up with this idea
- What is the benefit of this system compared to other systems
- What is the larger goal of Dan’s company and product
- Who is using this product and what have the results been
- What kind of media coverage has this attacked
- What kinds of fish can be caught with the Sand Blaster
- Thoughts on tagging, catch and release and reasonable harvest
- Where can you fish with the Sand Blaster Bait Caster
- Is the Sand Blaster in bait shops
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1385
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Harvest Eating – (sponsor of the day)
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- BunkerUp Fishin – Dan’s Website
- BunkerUp Fishin on Facebook
- Sand Blaster on Youtube
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Steven Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
- John Pugliano – Investable Wealth – Investing and Finance
- Gary Collins – PrimalPowerMethod.com – Health and Nutrition (primal/paleo/etc)
- Michael Jordan – The Bee Whisper – All Things Bees
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.