Today we are going back to one of the fundamentals of modern survival living, that is financial management and debt elimination. Economics and the reality of unfunded liabilities, the national debt along with everyday financial worries is the number one reason people get into the preparedness lifestyle.
Sometimes it is from a practical approach but just as often it is panic and fear based. Today we set aside panic and establish a base of common sense and pragmatic techniques to build, preserve and protect wealth.
Join Me Today To Discuss…
- The number one wealth killer – poverty consciousness
- The number two wealth killer – consumer age thinking
- The number three wealth killer – false optimism and or pessimism
- Why debt is cancer and must be eradicated
- Why saving is more important than investing for most people
- The lessons of alternative energy
- Start with increasing efficiency (income)
- Reduce losses (spending)
- My rules for truly becoming financially resilient
- Increase your economic IQ – daily for a year at least
- If you want to believe education is an investment, you should treat it like one
- Save money, determine what you can save, then do a bit more
- Reduce expenses in small ways, put at least half of it away
- Create additional income (business, second job, more hours)
- Save money (cash on hand, cash in bank, CDs, bonds)
- Become a land owner on some level
- Put some money into silver/gold (5% of NW)
- Put some money into bitcoin/crypto (a little each month or quarter)
- Become a producer of food, yes, really
- Plant trees
- Buy the best you can afford once vs. cheap every few years
- Become highly skilled at fixing your own problems
- See opportunity everywhere because it is everywhere
- Become a great cook
- Invest in only what you understand and only when it makes sense
- Get out of the way of telegraphed punches, yes time the market
- Pay off all debt asap, I know I said it before and I will keep saying it
- Become adept at using Excel, it never lies
- Final thoughts – The game is rigged, it is a big club, you are not in it! But you can still win the game.
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- This Week in History in 1927 Lindy Lands in Paris
- The absolute best free Excel Tutorial I have found
- Investopedia Term of the Day
- Highway 20 Ride on SongFacts.com
- Highway 20 Ride – Zac Brown Band
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.