He competed in Odyssey of the Mind for 4 years in high school, including one trip to the World Finals competition and 3 times to the Pennsylvania state finals .
Today Ben joins us to discuss this project but speaks only on behalf of his own experiences and not on behalf of the Odyssey of the Mind organization in any way.
So what is Odyssey of the Mind and How Does it Work?
- Students develop team-building skills by working in groups of as many as seven students per team.
- Students learn to examine problems and to identify the real challenge without limiting the possible solutions and their potential success.
- The creative-thinking process is nurtured and developed as a problem-solving tool.
- Students of all types will find something that will appeal to them.
- The fun of participation leads to an elevated interest in regular classroom curricula.
- Teachers have a program to further provide students with a well-rounded education.
Ben joins us today to discuss he experience with this program and how it can benefit others.
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- The Year 108
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop Online
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Ben’s Youtube Channel
- Shoot to Thrill – Halestorm
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.