This morning I walked the dogs in 60 degree morning chill and I was ecstatic! While our highs are still in the mid 80s the back of the 100+ degree monster seems truly broken. Time to get serious about fall gardening and frankly fall maintenance of both land and tools.
To me this is really my favorite time of year, I get to work without wanting to pass out in the heat, the plants do wonderful and I can take breaks by seeking to put an arrow in a deer, shot into a dove or a 22 into a squirrel. Warm coffee doesn’t make you sweat on the morning dog walk, the holidays are on the way and life in general just feels better.
Join me Today as we Discuss a Variety of Fall Garden Topics…
- Bed maintenance for beds you won’t be planting with “crops”
- Cover Crops
- Heavy Harvest of the Summer Crops
- Getting ready for the fall crops
- Protection or not?
- Starting seeds (sometimes indoors)
- Selecting plants from a nursery
- 10 Crops for the fall garden
- Garlic (planting for next fall)
- Onions and Leeks
- Tool Maintenance
- Getting the Edge on Cool Weather
- Southern Exposure
- Row Covers
- Micro Green Houses
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- TSP Copper
- Harvest Eating – (sponsor of the day)
- Free State Project – (sponsor of the day)
- Be Part of Episode 1000
- Meet Jack at the Hickory, NC Self Reliance Expo
- Facebook Event Page for the Early Meet and Greet in NC
- Full Details on the Hickory Early Meet and Greet
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.