Many people romanticize history. Oh if only we could have lived in the old days right? Taking a wagon out to homestead virgin land. Let me tell you as a student of history it was an amazing time to be alive, it was also a hell of a lot harder then many in the preparedness movement make it out to have been.
The reality is modern technology isn’t going away. That is a great thing, it will change, adapt and face certain challenges due to energy availability but we are not going back to Little House on the Prairie. Frankly I am okay with that.
Modern oppressive government isn’t going away either. This of course I find unfortunate but it is also reality. The more I learn the more I realize the majority of Americans are actually for bigger and more intrusive government. They are simply divided as to how it should be marketed. I know if you are a fan of liberty this makes little sense but the reality is people have had generations of conditioning and it is the rare person that easily breaks the cycle.
Hence to be self sufficient today we need to look at reality not at the romanticism of a history that isn’t going to return. We also must not fantasize about the utopia promised by a small government society where we can all be left alone. The only way to obtain this today is to create your own little pocket of as much of it as you can muster.
Join Me Today As We Discuss…
- Why we must n0t turn our backs on technology
- Why debt freedom must be part of your plan
- Why where you choose to live is so important
- Why community must be part of your plan
- Why we all need to become homesteaders (no matter where we live)
- Why we need hard skills to go along with soft and technical skills
- How food storage fits with this plan, disaster or not
- Why it is time to go on the offensive in some areas and not others
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- TSP Copper – Closed Pending a Major Announcement
- TSP Gear Shop
- Survival Gear Bags – (sponsor of the day)
- Safe Castle Royal – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.