Join in on today’s show where we go “beyond the bug out bag” and cover the items and mind set to make your vehicle ready for both everyday and extraordinary emergencies.
Please note – That this podcast is a companion to our podcast on putting together a Bug Out Bag and only mentions items that should be kept in a vehicle in addition to those you keep in the typical 72 Hour Emergency Kit AKA The Bug Out Bag. Hence the list is not complete by itself. Please though do feel encouraged to mention additional items and ideas in the comments section.
Today we discuss,
- The need for reserves of food and water in a vehicle beyond what is practical to carry on foot
- How carrying simple additional parts like hoses and belts can save you untold grief
- Equipping your vehicle with a complete set of tools
- Focusing on increasing your options in any situation
- Carrying reserve fuel and thinking in miles, not in gallons
- Making changes based on your personal level of alert
- Planning and documenting routes and keeping good navigational aids in your car or truck
- Leaving planned routes behind for emergency responders in some situation
- Blending in to your surroundings
- Thoughts on survival firearms and security issues
- The real risk of government seizure of firearms in some emergency situations and what it means to you
- Ideas for additional defensive weapons beyond a gun
- Ideas for communications devices including back up cell phones or two way radios
- Practical simple things like a AAA Membership and keeping a vehicle well maintained
- The importance of blending in vs. standing out – Forget the Camo!
Remember to comment and if you haven’t done so yet help us grow our listener base by entering our listener appreciation contest.