As many of you know we are now looking to purchase a larger piece of land in Texas. That will balance well with the apartment we keep in Arlington providing us living quarters both in the city and the country. The new land in Texas will become our primary residence.
We are not sure about what to do with the Arkansas property right now. On one hand it is very inexpensive on the other it would generate a lot of cash if we sold it at this point. Many listeners who have watched me grow TSP from the early days have expressed a desire to hear exactly why we are not going to make Arkansas our permanent home when we put so much work into getting to a point were we could. The reality is our property has a LOT going for it, it also has a lot missing from what we currently want.
My hope is today’s show will help others learn from both our successes and failures so they can make better choices about purchasing property, homesteading, raising livestock, etc.
Join Me Today As We Discuss…
- Leaving family far behind may be harder then you thought
- The importance of feeling “vested” in the larger community
- As your view of the world changes so does your view of “perfect property”
- 5 acres may be enough, it might not be, how does the land lay
- Mountain land may not be all it is cracked up to be, or it might be
- Why I feel so strongly now about putting a lot of a property into water structure
- Why I am now more interested in daily self sufficiency and less in “buggin out”
- Thoughts on having an ability to “house” additional people
- Land that provides the opportunity to really teach others
- Livestock I want to work with and why it won’t work in Ark
- Deals are now available that just were not before
- Some general principles we have learned
- Always have an exit strategy
- Invest in property to make it at least 1% better then its class
- Mobile homes are fine for what they are
- Having no real restrictions rocks
- See a property for what it can be but count the cost
- You really can’t go to low on an offer, you really can’t
- The community is as important as the property
- Useable land is more important then total land area
Resources for Today’s Show…
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Copper
- Join Our Forum
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- My Permaculture Principles Video Series on Youtube
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.