Okay there is a lot of gloom and doom out there and to be honest some of the crap is really hitting the fan right now. It will be necessary for me to delve into that world more and more in the coming months/years but I still want to keep some positive and fun stuff coming as well.
Hence today we are going to focus on homesteading and animals that can feed us, protect our property or provide us with other benefits. The list we will cover today includes some “traditional small livestock”, some wild game and some other stuff people don’t usually think of.
So what happened to chickens? They get a token mention but as everyone thinks of chickens first we are focusing elsewhere today.
Join me today as we discuss…
- What makes an animal useful for our homestead
- Produces food
- Produces functional by products
- Produces useful waste
- Performs a useful function
- Provides entertainment
- Supports other systems
- Some useful and easy to care for livestock
- Small Swine
- Squirrels, Raccoons and other small wildlife
- Bees (mason and conventional)
- Fish – tilapia, catfish, trout, crayfish, frogs, etc.
- Worms and insects
- Goats and sheep
- Pigeons and Quail
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- ShelfReliance.com – (sponsor of the day)
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- The Bulk Ammo Give Away
- How to Clean a Dove – (in 30 seconds flat)
- Good info on Pot Bellied Pigs for Pork
- Luke’s Vietnam – Cooking show I mentioned today
- Some good info on cooking raccoon
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.