Jim Miller is an Information Security Analyst that specializes in securing companies in the financial sector. He ensures that controls are in place to prevent security breaches and protect information.
His areas of expertise include vulnerability management, Intrusion Detection, Threat Analysis and Risk Analysis. He is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional and a Certified Information Systems Auditor.
Jim is also a prepper and a contributing writer for Dave Canterbury’s Self Reliance Illustrated magazine along with being an volunteer emergency responder with a background in a variety of survival and medical skill sets.
Today he joins us to discuss how to keep your information and identity safe in our modern age were information is more vulnerable than any time in our history.
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
- Members Support Brigade
- New Paracord Stuff in the Gear Shop
- AOCS Survival Copper in the Gear Shop
- Just Fing Google It – Adult language warning!
- Resources on Technology and ID Security from Jim
- Resources I Recommend for Security
- 5 Free USB Encryption Tools
- Hush Mail
- Ghostery for FireFox
- The FireFox Browser – If you use IE i have to ask WHY? FireFox is not just more powerful and more secure it will eliminate a lot of site errors that are caused by IE. If you think you will have to learn anything new to use FireFox you won’t, you can learn to use the bells and wisles but if you just use it the way you use IE you won’t notice anything different other than less errors and site display issues.
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can