Two we have a two part episode. In the first part I discuss more about Jan Cline and a progress report on what the TSP audience has done so far. As of this morning Jan had received over 16,000 and the TSP community by my best count has chipped in over 5,000 of that 16K.
Additionally we discuss personal liberty and why standing up in situations like this is important for everyone’s liberty including our own. I am also asking you to call the Mayor of Salem Oregon today and tell her what a waiver is! She stated that they are “looking for a solution to the problem are trying to find some commercial property she can use for her sales”. Only politicians are stupid enough to see this as a solution.
Apparently this mayor thinks it is okay to expect a woman so riddled with bone cancer to carry her stuff to some “commercial property”. A woman so riddled with cancer that in her own words, “I could break my leg by walking”.
Personally I feel that at this point that Jan won’t need the sales anymore. Her real hope though was, “I hope no one else ever has to go through this”. Well we have come together to help Jan financially now today let us come together to make that wish come true at least in Salem. Please call the mayor and explain to her that she could and should fix this in 5 minutes with a waiver if she had courage to use her power to do just that. You can find contact information for Salem’s mayor here.
In part two of the show we discuss the lessons I have learned with my bag and container gardens this year.
Some of the things I have learned this year…
- Mason wasps are cool
- Red wasps patrol your plants looking for prey
- Cope’s Gray Frogs like dog dishes and blossoms for mini ponds
- Green anoles are very prolific
- Swifts and skinks like wood and rock piles
- Black ants may kill squash vine borers (not sure yet)
- Bag gardening works great you just have to water often
- Watermelons grow beautifully in my area
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Back Yard Food Production – (sponsor of the day)
- Fortress Self Defense Consultants – (sponsor of the day)
- Members Support Brigade
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
- Mayor of Salem Oregon – (please call this idiot and explain to her what a waiver is and why it is unreasonable to expect a lady ridden with bone cancer to travel to commercial property to sell the last of her possessions)
- Tomato Horn Worms and Braconid
- Cope’s Gray Tree Frogs
- Blue Belly Swift (western fence lizard)
- Blue Tailed Skink
- Mason Wasp (the type around my place anyway there are many species of these also called a “potters wasp”)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.