Today we are going to discuss EDC (every day carry) and a little about BOBs (bug out bags), GO Bags, medical kits and active shooter bags.
Today we will focus though mostly on the EDC aspect and cover the others only briefly to explain how they supplement and are supplemented by your every day carry.
There are also links below to many of the individual items I covered today. These are all items I personally carry or have carried and therefore I am personally endorsing them based on real world experience.
The big thing to keep in mind with EDC is even the best stuff is just stuff, the real EDC you need to focus on is your personal skill set in improvising what ever is available in any situation.
Join me today as we discuss….
- What exactly is EDC and what it isn’t
- Why you need an EDC “kit”
- The cutting tool/s
- Pocket carry
- Neck Knife
- Cordage – At lease one of the following
- Ferro rods (link)
- Sparking tools
- Cover (improvising)
- Container (improvising)
- Specialty items
- Streamlight Stylus Pro (link)
- Lock picks
- Bogota Entry Tool (link)
- Multi tools
- Concealed Carry
- Less than lethal self defense
- Cold Steel Inferno (link)
- Pill cases (link)
- Portable Data – Corsair Survivor Drive (link)
- The BOB
- The Go Bag
- Medical Kits
- M3 Medical Bag (link)
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- New Emberlit Stoves in the Gear Shop (these rock)
- ShelfReliance.com – (sponsor of the day)
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- ITS Tactical Article on Blow Out Kits
- Bryan Black on QuickClot to counter his own stupidity (good read)
- Making Lock Picks from a Windshield Wiper
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.