From the very beginning I have made The Survival Podcast a positive presentably of survival and preparedness planning with the slogan…
“Helping you live the life you want, if times get tough, or even if they don’t”
It breaks all the rules of marketing for a tag line, it is too long, it is clunky and most who try to repeat it don’t get it right. Coke’s marketing department with there slick, “It’s the Real Thing” would laugh at me as would the guys at Hertz that sum it up with “We’re #1” and the Saatchi Brothers who sum up an entire brand with one “love word” would scoff to no end.
Yet it works, it embodies the show spirit and the community spirit. Why?
- I broke the rules, I had to the entire show is about breaking the fake rules we are told we have to follow in life.
- It’s true, it is real, it is genuine and it makes sense to people. Hording a ton of crap is pointless but building a life that is both reward and prepared makes sense.
So once in a while like today, I have to spend some time talking about how you get “the life you want” in the first place. The life style we teach here will lead you there, properly followed there is no where else you can end up, but how about changing the slogan just for today to….
“Helping you live the life you want NOW, if times get tough, or even if they don’t”
So that is what we are going to do today, focus on the proper mind set so what ever it is you want that life to be you can get there, perhaps not NOW as in this second but some time soon, not down the road in the realm of commercials by Investment Advisers, when you are old and gray or perhaps dead.
Join me today as we discuss…
- First you have to know what you want
- You must accept that it is possible for you personally
- You must unite dreams with reality
- You must take responsibility for your own education
- You must embrace failure
- You must understand the power of adapt, improvise and overcome
- You must take action
- You must track your progress
- You must be prepared to be surrounded by people who are wrong
- Your vision must be yours if you are a couple it must be yours collectively
- Understand you are guaranteed success but not specific success
Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.