As we settle into the new home and office I am thinking a lot about redundancy. Until now the Arkansas retreat was exactly that a retreat we could rely on to survive 6-12 months with no support. I would have done that job well but certainly not in total comfort. Of course we had to be realistic with two houses to run we had to split our resources making the Arkansas location a fall back for the worst case scenario.
Well now this is our home, people ask where would you bug out to now, my response is, most likely we wouldn’t. Given this was my previous fall back location it is ideal now as a place to bug in, in all but the acute localized disaster. So the goal now is to make our home as redundant, resilient and as convenient as possible for our long term support.
So today in keeping with that we focus on redundancy as an overall concept and examine multiple scenarios and how we can build redundancy into our daily lives.
Join me today as we discuss…
- A redundancy primer, self reliance vs. self sufficiency
- What exactly is redundancy
- What does “layered redundancy” mean
- Learning from the concept of “flat tire redundancy”
- What permaculture teaches us about redundancy
- Creating economic redundancy
- Creating energy redundancy
- Creating food redundancy
- Creating black out redundancy
- Creating self defense redundancy
- Some final thoughts on making redundancy automatic
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
- Members Support Brigade
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.