Today one of our most popular guests of all time has returned for an encore performance. According to a poll in the TSP forum you guys most wanted Paul to return next to go more in depth about wofati eco buildings.
While the main topic of today’s show is going to be wofati building there have been a ton of hugelkultur questions as well so we will open with a few of them.
Many of the details shared about the wofati structure are highly visual and referencing Paul’s Article titled “wofati eco building” will be of great help. Also highly recommended is Mike Oehler’s book, The 50 Dollar and Up Underground House.
The wofati building is essentially a modified and improved version of Mike Oehler’s design (approved of by Mike himself) which improves the overall thermal mass, keeps the structure 100% dry, increases the flow of light into the structure and offers several other advantages.
Join us today as we discuss…
- Many hugelkultur beds are built up, can you build them down
- Are some areas to wet for hugelkultur
- What types of wood must be 100% avoided with hugelkultur
- What is a wofati building
- How do you assess a site for wofati construction
- How do you avoid problems with permits and codes, etc.
- What materials are required for wofati building
- How to you eliminate water problems with an earth berm structure
- Along with plenty of humor and observation from Jack and Paul
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
- Paul’s Article on Organic Lawn Care – This is the one we need blog links to!
- Paul’s Websites and Social Media Connections
- The 50 Dollar and Up Underground House – Mike Oehler’s book
- The Earth Sheltered Solar Greenhouse Book – Another Mike Oehler Book I highly recommend
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.