Correction on Today’s show – Speaking of the McCain – Feingold Act near the end of today’s I said “Diane Fiengold” the Fiengold in question is Russel Feingold. I unfortunately stated Diane as in Diane Feinstein. This can be attributed to an unusually heavy traffic day during my mobile broadcast. I as always strive to be accurate and apologize for the misstatement, I did not even realize I did it until I listened to the show myself.
As we move closer to the election cycle and as our economy melts down we are seeing many issues debated and discussed about politics, issues and potential laws. Right now what we should be focusing on is the meltdown of our economy and the erosion of our constitution. Yet once again “class warfare” will rear its’ head, with that in mind I decided to do a show on how I decide on controversial issues.
This information is to help you decide where you stand, not to make you think the way I do!
Tune in today to hear discussion on the following questions we should ask about any issue..
- Will it effect me? (me meaning us, the average American)
- Does it increase or decrease the power of government?
- Is it Constitutional?
- Does it make people that agree on 95% of issues fight amongst themselves?
- What is it going to cost us? What is our ROI on it? Who is paying for it? Who benefits the most financially?
- Is my personal prejudice or bias influencing my judgment on this?
- What happens if we take this action?
- What happens if we don’t do anything?
- Does it set up the future potential for government intrusion in more areas?
- Do I really need to be “for” or “against” this issue?
- If we only focused on issues that “passed the test” what would be left?
- How would that effect the ability of our government to bullshit us?
- If everyone did this, would we know “what we believe” and “why we believe it”?
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.