This was one of the most destructive “storm filled” weekends in history. First the true storm of a massive category two hurricane in the form of Ike, which has left Galveston Texas in ruins. The second storm has been largely over shadowed by Ike and it is the financial storm that say Bank of America swallow up Merrill Lynch and left Lehman Brothers in the darkness of bankruptcy.
Tune in today to hear…
- Why I have little sympathy for those that ignored evacuation orders
- More on the story of “The Grasshopper and the Ant” winter isn’t always a season
- It is easy to be hard on those who were not ready, but, are you ready
- Why announcements like Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch always come on a Sunday
- The effect of Monday Amnesia by weeks end – “watch the shinny celebrities and just relax”
- Why this isn’t the big one and more grief is yet to come
- How American’s are paying attention only to the “temperature of their pools” and don’t see the underlying cancer that these new financial storms represent
- Don’t be fooled, this has all happened before and unless we crack the whip it will all continue to happen again, and again, and again…..
- First get mad, you can’t do anything unless you get mad first
- Why these signs are screaming “prepare for disaster” at a deaf population
- The cascading effect when big companies fail and consolidate on small and mid size businesses
- Why the promise of a better 2009 is a lie and a big one at that
- How the money for “bail outs” and “buy outs” is running out and what that means for you
- A third institution that most likely won’t survive until mid October
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.