Today we discuss different methods for attracting wildlife to your property such as providing feed, shelter and water sources that appeal to various game animals. With proper management native wild life can become part of your permaculture efforts.
There is also a stern warning for South Texans threatened by Hurricane Ike and a lesson about listening to your inner voice when it warns you to take action.
Tune in today to learn…
- Methods of provideing shelter and cover that attract wild life
- Different options for nesting boxes and other shelters
- Methods to provide water including ponds, steams and tanks
- Advice on using feeders and a cool squirrel feeder
- Advice for building brush piles and staying safe when doing so
- Different hard mast trees that attract wild life
- What you can do on land from 1 acre to 100 acres
- Balancing attraction of wild life with crop protection
- Harvesting wild life as part of permaculture efforts
- Advice on preserving hard mast trees on your property
Links for this Podcast
- Plans for a good “squirrel boxes” and “duck boxes” from Arkansas Fish and Game
- Awesome PVC squirrel feeder – You have to join this form to read posts.
- Planting and Caring for Nut Trees
- Planting food plots – From Mississippi State University
- Creating Brush Piles – From Virginia Department of Forestry
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.