Things are getting better right? The “green shoots” are starting to “bear fruit”. The mighty bail outs have worked! I mean come on, last winter CITI paid back their loans, GM’s President just did a commercial saying that, “repaid our government loan, in full, with interest, five years ahead of the original schedule.“ The Dow is up above 11,000 today when it was down to 6600 in March of 2009. Everything is wonderful right? Not so fast!
Join me today as we discuss…
- Did GM really pay back the American people “with interest”, NO!
- Did CITI really make good out its piece of the bailout, NO!
- The hidden bail out, free, well almost free money
- One of the “hidden bail outs” – Interest Rate Swaps
- Another hidden bail out – cheap money for the banks – so they can counterfeit more
- Who will really pay the cost of “Financial Reform of Wall Street”
- What does the Financial Reform Bill Actually Say
- Obama says debt is cancer, well after racking up trillions of dollars of it
- Why nothing has changed or will change when it comes to US debt
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- My Guest Appearance on Truth Brigade (MSB Special Deal is Mentioned during this show)
- GM’s Bullshit Commercial I Played on the Air
- Great Blog Post on the Fake GM Loan Repayment
- IowaPolitics.com Article GMs Shell Game
- CITIs Very Similar but Quite Different Shell Game
- Hidden Bail Out – Interest Rate Swap
- A sample of some of these interest rate swap deals – PDF
- Why the Financial Services Bill is Bad…For Democrats – Kudos to this guy at the Huffington Post!
- Summary of Dodd’s Financial Services Bill - PDF
- Obama Says “Debt is Like Cancer” - Well no shit!
- Democratic Senator Says our Currency “Will Collapse” and Obama Waits Until After the Mid Terms to Jack Up Our Taxes
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.