A few weeks ago we discussed “getting ready for fall” but now with the fall equinox only 20 days away it is time to take action. There is a lot to do as we head into fall, many see the fall as the end of the gardening season but with a few steps it can be the very best time of the year for your homestead and garden activities.
Tune in today as we discuss…
- Now is the time to start harvesting some of your seed stock
- Consider taking cuttings before the first killing frost and work on cloning over the winter
- Is it time to build that green house you keep talking about
- Plant peas and fava beans they are very cold hardy and add variety to the fall/winter mix
- The heavy hitters of the fall/winter garden – corn salad, lettuce, lambs quarters, spinach, broccoli and more
- Now is the time to build new beds
- It is also time to select an end of life time for some plants
- Start seeds to take the place of plants with only a few weeks left
- Try digging up some peppers this year
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Region Six Get Together
- Seed Savers Exchange
- Build a PVC Green House
- Poll – Do you want me to continue to “assclowns and heros” or not?
- MURS-Radio.com – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.