Today I discuss an introduction to permaculture principles and explain the 7 layer system along with the 5 primary zones, how they interact and how you can harness them to improve your sustainable production whether you live on an urban lot or in a rural area.
I also name Franklin County Washington as asscowns of the day for paying residents to kill fruit trees and replace them with non produces and yes they are really doing this. I also name 3 UK soldiers as heroes of the day for their actions in Afghanistan.
Join Me Today as We Discuss
- The high canopy layer
- How low trees begin the transition to the “edge”
- How shrubs complete the edge transition
- The herbaceous layer is more then you realize
- The rhizosphere (root crops) and its overlap with other layers
- The soil surface (cover crops) the over looked layer that gives so much
- The vertical (climbing vines) layer that bridges other layers and zones
From there I explain the 5 zones of permaculture beginning in zone one (closest to human habitation) and progressing to zone 5 (wild forest).
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Region Six Get Together
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- Tea Party Silver – (sponsor of the day)
- Three Soldiers from the UK – Heroes of the Day
- Franklin County Washington – Assclowns of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.