I decided to cover a varitey of subjects today and shake things up a bit. We will talk today about local currency, the Discovery Channel’s show “The Colony”, a simple man who is a hero, more on home defense long arms and an “attack fox” (no I am not kidding about the fox).
Tune in today to hear…
- The assclown of the day are the economists that say the recession is over
- Francisco Reyes – Our Hero of the day, a simple man who saved two lives
- What can we learn about local currencies or “scripts” like the “Pittsboro Plenty“
- What does it mean that any group can decide that any paper is worth something when backed by nothing say about fiat currency?
- What would happen if a local currency were backed by gold or silver?
- A review of the colony and some things we can learn such as protecting food, how to barter, using time and resources wisely and thinking practically
- More on shotguns and my recant of my previous views on “bird shot” I was wrong
- Will the 223 / 5.6mm fragment on a wall? The answer is not a yes or no.
- Your best defense against over penetration is knowledge of your environment and solid training
- What is a “non dangerous, dangerous animal”?
- What do we need to know about underestimated wild animals like foxes, coons and coyotes when we live in or travel to rural areas? Or more and more in many urban areas as well?
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Region Six Get Together
- Tea Party Silver – (sponsor of the day)
- Safe Castle Royal – (sponsor of the day)
- Francisco Reyes – Hero of the Day
- Economists in the Wall Stree Journal – Assclowns of the Day
- Ithaca Hours – One of the more successful local currencies
- Pittsboro Plentys – another local currency
- Attacked by a Fox – Yep and it almost cost the guy his life do to his fear of shots
- The Colony Official Site
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.