Today we discuss the 12 principles of permaculture design and how they can be stated in more tactical or business minded views to make them a bit more concrete for some.
Tune in today to hear the 12 Permaculture Design Principles and Alternative Views of Them…
- Observe and Interact – or – Be a Part of Things
- Catch and Store Energy – or – Be an Ant not a Grasshopper
- Obtain a Yield – or – Get an ROI on Your Efforts
- Apply Self Regulation and Accept Feedback – or – Don’t Kill the Golden Goose
- Use and Value Resources and Services – or -Be Efficient to Become Independent
- Produce No Waste – or – Make Use of Everything
- Design from Patterns to Details – or -Be an Artist and Step Back for a Longer View
- Integrate Rather than Segregate – or -Understand the Power of Teams
- Use Small and Slow Solutions – or – Focus On What You Can Do First
- Use and Value Diversity – or – Practice Risk Reduction
- Use Edges and Value the Marginal – or – Seek Alliances Not Conflicts
- use Creativity and Adapt to Change – or – Improvise, Adapt and Overcome
Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- Dirt Time 2009
- Lights Out Audio Preview
- Raintree’s Free Catalog
- 9 Free Permaculture Planting Catalogs
- Video of the Dervaes Homestead in the City
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.