Over the last month you guys voted on the Tuesday Shows for May, today we do the first one. I had planned to do them in order with the winner first but will need another week to get prepped for that one. The winners in order were…
- 20 Items to Add to Your Preps if You Don’t Have them Already
- How to Determine which Business you Should Start
- Finding the Right Property to make into a Homestead
- Finding a Remote Property (BOL)
- Training Dogs to Fit In on the Homestead
I will be posting the choices for June’s shows at the end of this week, while this months voting is now closed, you can still go to that post on the forum and post your requests for next month’s candidates.
So why did I jump to number four today? Well this is a topic we have not covered in a long time, and I think it will make a good one for the new Youtube TSP Show Segments.
Join Me Today To Discuss…
- What is a BOL in reality vs. pepper fiction
- A fall back location
- A secondary investment
- A well prepared place of safety
- What you should look for in a property, likely not what you think
- First forget about it being a BOL
- What do you want a property for beyond a BOL
- Recreation (hunting, fishing, camping)
- Tax Advantages
- Consider your purchasing options and budget
- Conventional Loans
- Owner Financing
- All Cash Purchase
- The needs of your family
- Buy in
- Structure, Amenities, Utilities
- Off gird may or may not be the way to go
- Raw land is harder to finance
- A lesson from permaculture, water, access structure
- Finding a Property
- Realtor.com, United Country, Lands Of ____, etc.
- Finding a good agent, good luck
- The unique challenge of geographic flexability
- The buyers mindset
- No emotion, Commander Spock not Dr. Spock
- There will always be another deal
- You don’t give a shit about the sellers life
- See what a property could be, but use math wisely
- Ignore stupid shit, color of paint, simple repairs, cluter
- Never wave inspection and appraisal
- Forget SHTF, what about today
- This is a real weakness of some remote properties
- Hidden and underground storage works well
- Gates keep honest people out
- Signs tend to work well for dishonest people
- In the end
- It isn’t about what I want but what you want
- Keep the goals in mind, BOL is just one of them
- Real estate does build wealth, building wealth is prepping
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1778
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop on Amazon
- Suggest Tuesday Shows for June – Current Closed Poll
Sponsors of the Day
Bob Wells Plant of the Week – Lapins Cherry. – Highly adaptable zone 5 to zone 9.
This cherry is one of the few truly self-fertile options, making it ideal for small back yard growers with limited space.
Additionally it only requires 400-500 chilling hours. It is also one of the few cherry trees that can be planted in full sun, even in zone 9 and handle the extreme summer heat in the south, yet cold hardy enough to handle the extreme cold in zone 5.
Bob Wells specializes in edible landscape, including: Fruit Trees, Berry Plants, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Fruit Trees. Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council that can answer you questions. If you have a question send it to jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with TSPC Epert in the subject line. Ask your question in one to two sentences so it is clear then provide any additional details. Make sure to tell me what council member the question is for. You Meet the Expert Council at this Link.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.