Tuesday shows are always stand alone, just Jack shows on a particular subject. Today’s will be on financial prepping, next Tuesday will be on guns and the following will be on food storage and prep. This was all due to the results of an informal Facebook poll. You can see the post and results here.
To that end I will be doing more stuff like this in the future to let you guys tell me what topics you want covered. Today we delve into financial preparedness in a way you won’t ever learn in school and almost no “financial adviser” will ever assist you with, except perhaps John Pugliano.
Economics and the reality of unfunded liabilities, the national debt along with everyday financial worries is the number one reason people get into the preparedness lifestyle. Sometimes it is from a practical approach but just as often it is panic and fear based. Today we set aside panic and establish a base of common sense and pragmatic techniques to build, preserve and protect wealth.
Join Me Today To Discuss…
- The number one wealth killer – poverty consciousness
- The number two wealth killer – consumer age thinking
- Why the two are actually related and not as oppositional as you’d think
- The lesson of the game Monopoly
- Why debt is cancer and must be eradicated
- Why saving is more important than investing for most people
- The lessons of alternative energy
- Start with increasing efficiency (income)
- Reduce losses (spending)
- My rules for truly becoming financially resilient
- Increase your economic IQ – daily for a year at least
- Save money, determine what you can save, then do a bit more
- Reduce expenses in small ways, put at least half of it away
- Create additional income (business, second job, more hours)
- Save money (cash on hand, cash in bank, CDs, bonds)
- Become a land owner on some level
- Put some money into silver/gold (5-10% of NW)
- Put some money into bitcoin (a little each month or quarter)
- Become a producer of food, yes, really
- Plant trees
- Buy the best you can afford once vs. cheap twice
- Become highly skilled at fixing your own problems
- See opportunity everywhere because it is everywhere
- Become a great cook
- Invest in only what you understand and only when it makes sense
- Get out of the way of telegraphed punches, yes time the market
- Pay off all debt asap, I know I said it before and I will keep saying it
- Final thoughts – The game is rigged, it is a big club, you are not in it!
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1749
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Money Talks – AC/DC
Sponsors of the Day
Bob Wells Plant of the Week – Ginkgo Biloba Tree – Adaptable from zone 4 to zone 9.
Ginkgo Biloba, also known as maidenhair tree, is a deciduous tree. These trees are extremely long-lived, with individual specimens surviving for up to 3,000 years. Ginkgo Biloba trees have distinctive leaves that flutter in the slightest breeze.
Once fall arrives, the leaves turn golden or bright yellow before carpeting the ground. The extract from the leaves are used in Ginkgo Biloba supplements to improve memory, symptoms of dementia and blood flow.
Bob Wells specializes in edible landscape, including: Fruit Trees, Berry Plants, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Fruit Trees. Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.Com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council that can answer you questions. If you have a question send it to jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with TSPC Epert in the subject line. Ask your question in one to two sentences so it is clear then provide any additional details. Make sure to tell me what council member the question is for. You can Meet the Expert Council at this Link.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.