Today we talk about 12 simple steps that people can take toward living a better lifestyle if times get tough or even if they don’t.
Tune in today to hear…
- Debt is financial cancer, eliminate it.
- Plant a garden and permanent food producing crops (trees, bushes, etc) you have a limit to how much food you can store.
- Aim to store at least 30-90 days of reserve food and water. More is better but this will get you through 90% of potential disasters.
- Plan for disaster based on the simplified threat probability matrix. Personal – Neighborhood – Small Region – Large Region – National – Global
- Understand “disaster commonality” simply put most disasters are addressed by the same preparations.
- Have a bug out bag (72 hour kit) for every family member.
- Have a family disaster plan for staying put and for evacuation. (Bugging In or Bugging Out).
- A bug out location (remote location) may be a great idea if you have paid off all consumer debt first and buy smart.
- Don’t be 100% invested in the stock market ever, don’t have all savings in 401Ks/IRAs and practice true diversity.
- Learn to protect yourself, your home and your family.
- Everything you do to prepare for disaster should improve your life even if nothing ever goes wrong.
- Remember what you do matters is the number one factor in surviving any situation.
Resources for Today’s Show
- David Crawford’s Post on a Surprise Texas Bugout
- Region 5 Get Together
- Members Support Brigade
- Dirt Time 2009
- Lights Out Audio Preview
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, (866-658-4465) please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.