Insurance isn’t a sexy topic, it isn’t like growing a food forest, building a solar system or tweaking accuracy out of your AR or AK, but it is important. The most common disasters people experience each day are…
- Serious injury or death of a loved one
- Loss of a job
- Loss of a home due to storms or fires
- Loss of your ability to work due to injury
- Automotive accidents
- Legal attacks
All of these areas are far more likely to hit you based on disaster probability then a major pandemic or say a global economic collapse. So it makes sense to insure against such events where and as you can. Jason Adkins is currently an insurance claims adjuster and previously worked as an insurance agent. He joins us today to discuss insurance from a prepper point of view and how to make smart decisions about what to buy and what not to buy.
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1290
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- Harvest Eating – (sponsor of the day)
- Black Belt Magazine – MSB Discount Vendor of the Day (MSB receive 50% off a subscription)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.