Today I am recording from home rather then on the road. Why? A typical North Texas Ice Storm! It got me thinking that I have never discussed emergency heat requiements and ways to provide emergency heating.
Tune in today to hear…
- Do you have a fireplace, will it matter?
- Is your fire wood protected?
- Thoughts on buying and sourcing wood, not all wood is equal
- Don’t wait till winter to procure your wood
- Thoughts on finding free firewood even if you don’t own land or live in the backwoods
- Electric space heaters? Yes sometimes power doesn’t fail, just the furnace does
- Gas space heaters (properly installed) are a great back up idea
- Kerosene Heaters can be safe don’t believe all the bad press
- Back up generators are great but heat draws a ton of power you still need other sources
- Thoughts on storing large quantities of gas for generators and stabilization
- When all else fails build a “cocoon”
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show.
You also now can call in questions or comments for the host at 866-65-THINK, please read the suggestions for calling in before you do for the best chance of getting your comments on the air.