I want to start out by saying I am not saying this is going to happen. I am just proposing that it could and it is interesting to take a look at the half sister of inflation from time to time. See the reality is most people especially preppers fear inflation to such a degree they don’t tend to comprehend two things.
One – Controlled inflation is absolutely essential to the economy we have, based on current management practices. – Note that necessary does not mean “good”.
Two – That a deflationary economy is not “good” just because you feel that inflation or to much inflation is “bad”.
Our current society has been programmed just like a computer to think in binary terms. Ones and Zeros are the only inputs and outcomes. If Democrats are bad, republicans must be good. If you don’t like coke you must like Pepsi. If you are not religious you must be an atheist. If you don’t want a war you must be unpatriotic.
As you can begin to see with any level of critical thinking, this system is very useful to those in charge. With such programming in place people are easily stratified into two camps of the false dichotomy. The reasons for this are clear enough.
Yet it is important to comprehend that even those of use who now see the matrix, are often still controlled by residual effects of it. This is often the case when the majority of the dichotomy has what congress calls a “bipartisan agreement” that something is in fact bad. You see while the left and right wings of the dichotomy vulture are divided on most issues, the wings do meet at the back.
Almost everyone agrees for instance that the world is round, terrorism is bad, freedom is better than slavery, just to name a few. Another one is inflation, almost everyone with half a brain agrees that too much inflation is bad, because well it is.
When a society has been so perfectly trained to see only ones and zeroes and the vast majority finally agree on something, the other side tends not to be examined, today we are going however to do just that.
Join Me Today To Discuss…
- Why it could happen
- The shear current volume of money and debt
- Level to negative population growth in the developed world
- Expansion of what we call “the developed world”
- The irony that growth outside of “the developed world” doesn’t matter
- The coming labor demand reductions
- A return by many to common sense, saving and lasting value
- The success of deflationary currencies, like Bitcoin
- The good of deflation
- It rewards savers
- Deflation favors productive individuals
- Deflation lowers the entry level of major purchases
- Deflation favors local trade and community interaction
- Deflation is an anti monopoly system
- Deflation basically pays you interest to simply hold money
- The bad of deflation
- Immediate loss of jobs, specifically necessary ones
- Investors leveraging debt loose – don’t cheer, most companies run on debt
- The ability to borrow money declines and the cost goes up
- Innovation can be stifled especially if it isn’t planned deflation
- The elephant in the room, unfunded liabilities, like SSI
- Our economy is simply not designed to run on deflation
- The final reality
- This is a more likely scenario then run away inflation
- It is harder to fight than inflation, because it is about real production
- Every person in debt will suffer greatly in a deflation economy
- In the end it is an opportunity to take power from the elites
- Sadly the average person won’t be able to comprehend it
Bob Wells Nursery “Plant Of The Week” – Halls Hardy Almond
It is adaptable from zone 6 to zone 9.
The Hall’s Hardy Almond tree is pretty and productive. This attractive tree yields large crops of crunchy almonds in fall, and its lovely pink flowers make it a landscape standout in spring.
This tree grows wherever peaches thrive. Bears in 2-3 years. Matures to be 15-20′ tall. Ripens in late September and is Self-pollinating.
Bob Wells specializes in edible landscape, including: Fruit Trees, Berry Plants, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Fruit Trees. Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1732
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council that can answer you questions. If you have a question send it to jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with TSPC Epert in the subject line. Ask your question in one to two sentences so it is clear then provide any additional details. Make sure to tell me what council member the question is for. You can Meet the Expert Council at this Link.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.